Parking, Pick-Up, Drop-Off
Doors will open at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesdays
- All staff and students will enter through designated doors depending on grade level.
- All staff and students will use hand sanitizer as they enter the building.
- Only staff and students will be permitted in the building.
- The tardy bell rings at 7:55 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 8:55 a.m. on Wednesdays.
Parent Drop off:
- Parents are asked to enter the parking lot from Abilene and follow the path all the way around the lot for the drop-off lane. Cars are not permitted to park in the driveway, only in designated parking spaces. You must stay in your car, as this will keep the line moving. Children must be seated on the right side of the vehicle. This parking lot is also used for parents who would like to walk their child to the front door.
- Parents will need to make a right turn out of the parking lot. Please note: Busses do have permission to turn left.
West Side (second entrance off of Abilene Road) – The west side will be used during the hours of 7:15 – 8:15 a.m. and 2:00 – 3:15 p.m. as a bus and daycare providers’ drop-off/pick-up lane only.
- Buses will dismiss one at a time, starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Students will enter the building on the west side.
- Students walking or riding a bike to school may enter the school at 7:30 a.m.
- Please keep in mind that only students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades may ride bikes to school.
- Bikes must be parked in the bike racks in front of the building.
- This process will not change from past practice.
- The parent will escort their child to the door, ring the bell, enter the building and sign their child in on the sign in/out sheet, which is located in the lobby. The child will then report to the office for a “pass” to class.
Parent Pick Up:
- If you are picking your child up by car, please do not park and get out of your car to meet your child. You will need to stay in the car lane.
- Car riders will be dismissed after bus riders.
- Students will stand by their grade level cone until their parent pulls up to the curb in front of the school.
- Students are not allowed to walk through the parking lot unattended.
Student safety is our priority. Our student day concludes at 2:55 p.m. Thank you, in advance, for your patience. Should your dismissal plans change, please inform your child’s teacher (or main office) prior to 2:00 p.m.
- At 2:45 p.m., we start dismissing students who ride the bus.
- The buses will be called and dismissed one at a time.
- Students will exit the building through the main doors.
- Walkers and bike riders will be dismissed after students being picked up in the car lane.
- Students should leave school grounds immediately after dismissal.
- If siblings need to meet they should chose a spot in front of the school, such as the flagpole.
- Day care students will go to the gym and socially distance by day care until their day care bus is called.
Before and After School
- BASP students will be announced after walker/bikers.
- They will go to the lunchroom where the BASP program is located.